Do you want to learn to reduce stress, anxiety and learn to live in the present? Then check out mindfulness!
Our lives are constantly racing We are either rushing her or there or worrying about what we should have done yesterday or what we don’t have time to do tomorrow. But very rarely are we focused on the present moment.
Here Are The Key Takeaways:
- The first thing is...STOP. When you feel yourself getting into a “spin” stop and focus on your breath.
- Meditate. Find a comfortable form of meditation that feels right for you. Five minutes will work- it doesn’t have to be long.
- Cultivate a daily gratitude practice. Focus on the “do haves” not the “don’t haves”. Start your day reviewing in your mind all of the good things in your life.
- Stop multi-tasking. Focus on one task at a time.
- Let it go. Don’t waste energy ruminating on the past. Revisiting things over and over that we can’t control is wasted time.
- Stop trying to control the future. None of us has control over what is or isn’t going to happen next.
Mindfulness is about becoming an observer, letting go of the past and not trying to control the future.